Plantronics Creates Developer Community to Focus on Delivering Intelligent Context Aware Data into Applications
PLANTRONICS DEVELOPER CONNECTION TO FUEL INNOVATION FOR CONTEXT AWARE COMPUTING
London, UK – 9th May 2012 – In today’s world, billions of devices connect and communicate an abundance of data about a person’s location, activities and availability. Plantronics (NYSE:PLT) is opening up a tremendous opportunity for developers to utilize information like where a person is and what he or she is doing with the launch of a full-scale developer community. Developers will now be able to create “context-aware” applications that will be able to anticipate or take action, to provide better experiences through the information generated by intelligent Plantronics devices with Smart Sensor™ technology.
Developers can access the tools needed to create smarter, context aware applications through the Plantronics Developer Connection (PDC). By accessing the information from Plantronics devices developers can incorporate presence, availability, proximity, and caller information into their existing applications or create a new segment of smarter applications. Incorporating this information will result in more intelligent and intuitive human to device experiences.
The PDC includes technical resources, forums and application programming interfaces (APIs) through a new software developer kit (SDK) for Windows® environments. The PDC is also a community for developers to connect with Plantronics technologists and learn more about the software possibilities enabled by Plantronics devices.
“Technology is about making our business lives more productive and our personal lives more enjoyable. The next wave of productivity will be driven by contextually aware applications that speed business processes and workflows” said Joe Burton, senior vice president Engineering and Development and CTO, Plantronics. “Plantronics developed smart headsets and devices with the capability to collect contextual information and present it to applications in an easy to integrate manner. We are opening API’s to this information so the software development community can create innovative and useful applications that leverage contextual intelligence from Plantronics.”
RESOURCES FOR DEVELOPERS
- The SDK can be accessed via the Plantronics Developer Connection http://developer.plantronics.com
- The SDK also includes an emulator so developers can test their applications without a headset
- Visit the DevZone for links to our technical content http://developer.plantronics.com/community/devzone/
- Learn how to code your own “TweetMe” Twitter app using our SDK http://developer.plantronics.com/blogs/Cary/2012/05/03/how-to-get-your-headset-a-tweeting
- Learn more at a Live Web Event on May 9 at 18.00 GMT / 19.00 CET: www.plantronics.com/launch
- Follow @PlantronicsDev for updates